Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Number of attacks on US occupation forces in Syria, Iraq rises to 78

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 8 Dec 2023 00:45
  • 3 Shares
2 Min Read

The Pentagon claimed that only 66 US military personnel sustained non-serious, non-life-threatening injuries in recent attacks on bases in Iraq and Syria.

  • x
  • The Pentagon is seen from Air Force One as it flies over Washington, March 2, 2022. (AP)
    The Pentagon is seen from Air Force One as it flies over Washington, March 2, 2022 (AP)

Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh said on Thursday that sixty-six US military personnel have been injured in a series of operations on occupation bases in Iraq and Syria.

"As of December 4, it’s still about 66 of our folks who have received non-serious, non-life-threatening injuries," Singh said during a press briefing.

She further claimed that all the injured service members have resumed their duties.

She also mentioned that there have been 78 recent assaults on bases in Iraq and Syria, with no new incidents reported in the last 24 hours.

Read more: Iraqi Resistance vows to expel US forces from Iraq, mourns 5 fighters

The US has maintained an illegal presence and troops in Syria under the guise of fighting ISIS since 2014.

US-backed forces are currently occupying parts of the provinces of Al-Hasakah, Deir Ezzor, and Raqqa, where the largest Syrian oil and gas fields are located.

Since the war on Gaza began, resistance groups across the Middle East have been targeting US military bases and warships.

The surge in attacks is attributed to US complicity and backing of the Israelis committing genocide in Gaza. 

US Senate rejects resolution for swift withdrawal from Syria

Earlier in the day, the US Senate voted to reject a joint resolution proposed by Senator Rand Paul, calling for the Biden administration to withdraw US occupation forces from Syria within a 30-day timeframe.

Senators voted against advancing the resolution, with 13 members in favor and 84 opposed.

"The American people have had enough of endless wars in the Middle East. Yet, 900 US troops remain in Syria with no vital US interest at stake, no definition of victory, no exit strategy, and no congressional authorization to be there," Paul said in a statement on the resolution.

The resolution instructs the president to withdraw US troops from activities "in or affecting Syria" within 30 days of its adoption unless Congress enacts a declaration of war or another authorization for the use of force.

Read more: Saudi Arabia urges US restraint amid Yemeni operations: Reuters

  • Syria
  • US occupation forces
  • US occupation of Syria
  • war on Gaza
  • US war crimes
  • Pentagon
  • Iraq
  • US occupation of Iraq

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS