Sanaa: Some UN mediators reflected negative impressions in Jordan
The Sanaa military committee announces that the Jordan negotiations did not go as planned, as the Saudi party refrained from attending the talks and keeps violating the internationally-recognized truce.
Abdallah Al-Rozami, head of the Sanaa military committee, disclosed that the negotiations in Jordan were intended to end the war on Yemen waged by Saudi-led aggression forces, adding that multiple tours and unofficial meetings were conducted with international mediators but to no avail, due to the opposite party's non-implementation of the agreements.
He noted that the government of Sanaa felt tensions during the talks and said they rose from the attitude of some of the international mediators toward the lagging behavior of the opposite party and its attempts to strike down the negotiations.
Al-Rozami condemned the statement of the official international representative that was leaning toward the other party regarding the escalation that occurred in Taiz, despite the repeated declarations.
Regarding the list of demands during the talks, Al-Rozami stated that among the humanitarian-centered priorities, before advancing further into negotiations, are paying the employees' salaries and lifting the blockades on the ports and airports, stressing that salary disbursements are not something to be neglected as they are a natural right of the Yemenis.
Just days before, the Sanaa military committee affirmed that the opposite party refrained from attending the Jordan negotiations and that it continues to exceedingly violate the publicly-acknowledged international treaty.
Earlier this month, the United Nations Special Envoy for Yemen, Hans Grundberg, announced that Yemen's warring parties have agreed to extend the truce for another two months just hours before it was due to expire.
"This truce extension includes a commitment from the parties to intensify negotiations to reach an expanded truce agreement as soon as possible," Grundberg said in a statement.
It is to be noted that the United Nations announced a prospective meeting with donors for Yemen on September 20, intended to relieve the suffering that the Yemeni people are subjected to for the eighth year in a row, as a result of the Saudi coalition offensive - making Yemen one of the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.