Sanaa: Truce nears ending, aggression countries deal with recklessness
The head of the Sanaa government delegation, the negotiator, Muhammad Abd Al-Salam, says that the armistice agreement is reaching the end and points out that the Saudi-led coalition is to blame.
The head of the Sanaa government delegation, negotiator Muhammad Abdul Salam, said on Tuesday that the armistice agreement is about to end, noting that "the aggression countries dealt with it in a manner that reflects recklessness and arrogance."
Abdul Salam added, via his Twitter account, that "the flights that took place are only 18 out of the total of 32 agreed trips," pointing out that "one destination was activated and another was disabled."
واتفاق الهدنة على وشك أن ينتهي كان تعامل دول العدوان بطريقة تنم عن استهتار واستكبار، فما تم من الرحلات 18رحلة فقط من إجمالي 32 رحلة متفق عليها، وتفعيل وجهة واحدة وتعطيل أخرى، والسفن يتم حجزها لأكثر من 20 يوما ما يضاعف التكاليف، ووصل منها فقط24 من أصل 36 سفينة يفترض بها أن تصل.— محمد عبدالسلام (@abdusalamsalah) July 19, 2022
Furthermore, the negotiator said that "The ships are booked for more than 20 days, which doubles the costs," noting that only "24 of the 36 ships that are supposed to arrive have arrived."
Earlier this month, the head of Yemen's Supreme Political Council, Mahdi Al-Mashat, said that "the continuous violations of the [Saudi-led] aggression and its mercenaries have put the armistice at a crossroads," noting that the matter "may develop into a return to military operations in view of his repudiation of the implementation of many terms of the armistice."
The terms of the armistice agreement include “facilitating the entry of ships carrying fuel to the ports of Hodeidah, and allowing two flights to and from Sanaa airport, every week.” However, the Sanaa government repeatedly "expressed its dismay at the Saudi side’s failure to implement the terms of the armistice, especially the closing of the airport and obstructing the entry of ships."