US bases, forces in Middle East targeted 73 times since October 17
A US official tells CNN that four attacks were launched on US military sites in Iraq and Syria on Thursday, raising the total number of attacks to at least 73.
Recent attacks on US military bases in Iraq and Syria have pushed the number of operations against US military assets in the Middle East to 73 since the start of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood, an unnamed US official told CNN.
An attack on Thursday morning saw Resistance factions launch suicide drones at US targets located in the Ain al-Assad and Erbil airbases in Iraq. A barrage of rockets also targeted the US occupation base in al-Omar oil field, which preceded an attack on the US occupation's Green Village base in Syria.
CNN said these attacks mark at least 73 operations against US forces in the region from a period ranging from October 17 to November 24.
In support of the Palestinian Resistance in Gaza, Resistance factions in Iraq and Syria have launched a series of continuous attacks on US military assets in said countries and in occupied Palestine.
The Islamic Resistance in Iraq made it clear that the US unconditional support for the Israeli occupation has made it a legitimate target of the Resistance.
Earlier on Thursday, the Islamic Resistance in Iraq announced its responsibility for four attacks that targeted the two aforementioned US military bases in Iraq.
The statement released by the Resistance faction revealed that it had launched four separate attacks in response to "Israel's" massacring of Palestinians. The Islamic Resistance in Iraq confirmed direct hits on the US bases via suicide drones.
The surge in attacks on US forces in the Middle East ignited growing concerns within the Defense Department and raised questions about the US strategy of maintaining its foothold in the region, as well as countering Resistance groups exerting their right to self-determination.
US officials voiced their dismay with the "incoherent" approach and limited attacks on the Resistance groups practically telling Washington to leave the region alone as US President Joe Biden authorized airstrike after airstrike that seemed to not to so much as to decrease the pace of Resistance operations, The Washington Post reported.