Yemeni people ended enemy's plots, UNSC responsible: Sanaa
Ansar Allah movement confirms that the Yemeni people thwarted all the attempts of the enemy, and the Deputy Foreign Minister in the Sanaa government holds the Security Council responsible for the prolongation of the war.
Member of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mohammed Ali Al-Houthi, said Monday that "we cannot live in a state of no peace and no war."
"The obstacles faced amid the aggression and the blockade are many; therefore, the extension of the truce was rejected," he confirmed.
"Through the efforts made by the Yemeni people, we can say that there is progress and an end to the enemy's plot," Al-Houthi stressed while chairing a meeting with the leadership of the Dhamar governorate authorities.
Read: Ansar Allah: Equations have changed, so did rules of engagement
Al-Houthi accused the Arab coalition of "working on two goals: a conspiracy to tear apart the internal ranks, including stirring up partisan, sectarian, regional strife, and imposing a siege" until services and institutions collapse.
"The battle is a military one, as well as a security and administrative one" in various fields, Al-Houthi indicated.
This comes a day after the Head of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen Mahdi Al-Mashat announced the readiness of the Ansar Allah forces in the event of renewed fighting with the Saudi coalition, describing the existing calm after the expiration of the truce as "fragile", stressing that the return of war is expected at any time.
Al-Mashat had previously confirmed that "there can be no truce if the other side does not respond to the just and righteous demands of the Yemeni people, mainly by paying the salaries of all state employees and opening all airports and ports."
For his part, Deputy Foreign Minister in the Sanaa government, Hussein Al-Ezzi said Monday that "the Security Council still calls the external aggression against Yemen a civil war," commenting that "this council will remain a hideous criminal standing behind the prolongation of the war and the suffering of the Yemenis until it withdraws this lie."
"Let the Security Council issue a document that considers Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Kuwait, and Bahrain as Yemeni provinces; this will be the only way the war becomes civil par excellence, as it claims."
مازال مجلس الأمن يسمي العدوان الخارجي على اليمن حربا أهلية— حسين العزي (@hussinalezzi5) January 2, 2023
سيبقى هذا المجلس مجرما بشعاً يقف وراء إطالةأمدالحرب ومعاناةاليمنيين-حتى يسحب هذه الكذبة الفضيحةأوعلى الأقل يغطيها بإصدار وثيقةتعتبر كلا من السعوديةوالامارات والكويت والبحرين محافظات يمنية
وبهذا فقط تصبح الحرب أهليةبامتياز
Deputy Prime Minister of the Sanaa Government for Defense and Security Affairs, Jalal Al-Rowaishan, had expressed his hope that the coalition of aggression knows the meaning of the messages that the Omani delegation carried, warning that if the economic blockade continues, Yemen has more than one option.
Simultaneously, a military source in the Sanaa government reported that 74 new breaches by the Saudi coalition forces had occurred on fronts, south of Al-Hudaydah, during the last 24 hours.
"The Saudi coalition reconnaissance planes launched five raids on the Hays district, south of Al-Hudaydah, in addition to shelling the areas controlled by the army and the committees with 39 artillery shells," the source indicated.
"The aggression forces' violations of the Al-Hudaydah agreement included the creation of combat fortifications in the Jabaliya and Hays regions, south of the province, coinciding with the flight of 7 spy planes."
On Sunday, eight civilians were killed and 14 were wounded as a result of artillery shelling by the Saudi-led coalition on the border district of Shada, west of Saada Governorate in northern Yemen.
This comes just one day after the Eye of Humanity Center for Rights and Development in Sanaa issued a report documenting "the crimes of the US-Saudi aggression during the year 2022 of the aggression against Yemen."
The report stated that "the number of victims of the Saudi coalition's war on Yemen during the year 2022 amounted to 3,083 casualties (643 killed and 2,440 wounded).
The center noted that "those killed included more than 100 children and 27 women."