Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

'Israel' attacked 12 cemeteries in Gaza: EuroMed

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 6 Jan 2024 23:10
  • 4 Shares
3 Min Read

The head of the EuroMed center noted that the occupation is currently holding the bodies of hundreds of martyrs in the Gaza Strip.

  • x
  • Palestinians visit the graves of people killed in the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip and buried inside the Shifa Hospital grounds in Gaza City, Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023. (AP)
    Palestinians visit the graves of people killed in the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip and buried inside the Shifa Hospital grounds in Gaza City, Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023 (AP)

The head of the Mediterranean Observatory for Human Rights Rami Abdo told Al-Mayadeen on Saturday that the Israeli regime inflicted direct hits on 12 cemeteries in Gaza.

Despite this clear breach of human rights, as in the case of the Bureij camp massacre yesterday, no condemnation has been issued on the part of the international community.

Abdo emphasized that there has been a notable breakdown in the functioning of global institutions and organizations due to the consecutive crimes perpetrated by the Israeli regime in Gaza

The Heroic Israeli Army is now bulldozing cemeteries in Al-Batch in the Shujaiya neighborhood, Gaza.

They abuse the Palestinian people even in Death. pic.twitter.com/NCeIB9DmDS

— Chay Bowes (@BowesChay) January 5, 2024

He mentioned that there might be challenges in the future when it comes to documenting crimes against cemeteries and graves in Gaza.

The occupation is currently holding the bodies of hundreds of martyrs in the Gaza Strip.

Moreover, he said that EuroMed so far located 120 mass graves dispersed across roads, shelters, schools, and wedding halls in the Gaza Strip.

An estimated 4% of the total population in Gaza has either been killed, injured or went missing under the rubble, Abdo noted.

Last week, UNRWA spokesperson Adnan Abu Hasna disclosed that 5% of Gaza's population was categorized as either martyrs, wounded, or missing.

Read more: Israeli crimes in Gaza amount to 'ethnic cleansing': Scotland's Yousaf

Organ theft

Earlier in the day, the Government Media Office in Gaza reported that the Israeli occupation forces committed a new atrocity, involving razing a cemetery in the al-Tuffah neighborhood east of Gaza City and desecrating approximately 1,100 graves.

According to the official statement, Israeli military vehicles were involved in digging out the graves and callously stealing the bodies of martyrs. Shockingly, the graves were not only desecrated but also violated, demonstrating a complete disregard for the sanctity of the deceased and the sacredness of the cemetery.

Following this heinous act, the Israeli occupation forces reportedly stole around 150 bodies of recently buried martyrs. These bodies were dug out from their graves and transported to an undisclosed location.

In response to these grave violations, the Gaza Government Media Office urgently called on all free world countries and the international community to intervene, putting an end to the Israeli occupation's genocidal war against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip. 

Read more: Near-complete withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza City, North

  • Gaza Strip
  • war on Gaza
  • Cemeteries
  • Israeli aggression
  • Israeli occupation forces
  • Gaza genocide
  • Euromed
  • Human Rights

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS