Ansar Allah: We will not allow Americans to remain on Yemeni soil
The member of the Ansar Allah political bureau says the US-British military presence in Bab Al-Mandab and Yemen poses a threat to the entire region.
A member of the political bureau of the Yemeni Ansar Allah movement Ali Al-Qahoum confirmed on Tuesday that the movement "will not allow the Americans to stay on any inch of Yemeni soil," stressing that Ansar Allah will put an "end to the reasons they use as a pretext to remain in Yemen."
In a statement to Yemeni Al-Masirah TV, Al-Qahoum said, "The US-British military presence in Bab Al-Mandab and on Yemeni territory is a threat to the entire region."
موقع أنصار الله ..— موقع أنصار الله (@ansarollah2) March 7, 2023
عضو المكتب السياسي لأنصار الله علي القحوم: لن نسمح للأمريكيين بالبقاء في أي شبر من أرضنا وسننهي الأسباب التي يتذرع بها الأمريكيون للتواجد في اليمنhttps://t.co/qkuR0wfEyp
The US "seeks to impose hegemony to achieve its strategic interests," he said, stressing that the Yemeni people "will not allow them to tamper with the security of international navigation."
Al-Qahoum continued, "The Yemeni people are able to protect international water navigation from the danger posed by US frigates and ships in Bab Al-Mandab," because they [Yemeni people] "possess all the elements of power" necessary to do so.
Read more: Yemenis sue US arms producers for 'aiding in war crimes'
Yemen will achieve its goals "with the wisdom of its leadership and the development of its military capacity," he confirmed, noting that "Yemen will protect its sovereignty, independence, and wealth."
Earlier on Sunday, the Council of Ministers in the Sanaa government condemned the US, UK, and Saudi Arabia's presence in the Al-Mahrah Governorate, due to the aggression, blatant occupation, and violation of the sovereignty of the Republic of Yemen it represents.
The continued direct presence of the US, UK, and Saudi forces in Al-Mahrah and the rest of the occupied provinces neither serve efforts to establish peace in Yemen nor regional and international security and stability, the Council stressed.
Read more: Al-Houthi to coalition of aggression: Our patience will run out
Blockade is not allowed to continue: Al-Mashat
The head of the Supreme Political Council in Sanaa, Mahdi Al-Mashat, confirmed that "fully opening Sanaa airport and Al-Hudaydah port and lifting the blockade by land, air, and sea is a right of the Yemeni people" and is not a favor from anyone.
His statement came during a meeting with the Minister of Transport, Abdul-Wahhab Al-Durra, and the President of the General Authority for Civil Aviation and Meteorology, Muhammad Abdel-Qader.
Al-Mashat continued, "Sanaa will not allow the continuation of the blockade and the restriction of flights to and from Sanaa International Airport, and if the blockade continues, the necessary steps will be taken to lift it off."
"The American military presence, as well as any other foreign presence in Yemen, is a temporary occupation, and they will leave willingly or unwillingly," he added.
"The Yemeni people did not make all these sacrifices for them to accept in the end the infringement of a single grain of their soil or a single drop of their seawater, he said, stressing that the coasts and islands of Yemen will remain an exclusive right for the Yemenis.
Read more: Ansar Allah congratulates freed Palestinian prisoner Karim Younis