US and UK hinder the implementation of the Sanaa peace initiative
The Ansar Allah movement confirms that the United States and the United Kingdom are following the principle of double standards, and warns of the consequences of rejecting Sanaa's conditions regarding Yemen's peace initiative.
The Ansar Allah movement confirmed, on Monday, that the US and UK are hindering peace in Yemen, and warned of the consequences of the failure to achieve peace.
Ali Al-Qahoum, a member of the Political Bureau of the Ansar Allah movement, wrote on Twitter that "the door to peace is open and those who hinder this are America, Britain and their tools from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which refuse to stop the aggression, lift the blockade and implement the rights in humanitarian files from opening airports and ports, protecting the economy and national wealth and paying salaries from the returns of both oil and gas revenues."
باب السلام مفتوح ومن يعيق ذلك هي أمريكا وبريطانياوأدواتهم القذرةمن السعودي والإماراتي— علي القحوم (@alialqhoom) December 26, 2022
التي ترفض وقف العدوان ورفع الحصار وتنفيذ الحقوق الشعبيةفي الملفات الانسانيةمن فتح المطارات والموانئ وتحييد الاقتصادوالثروات الوطنيةوصرف المرتبات للكل في الجمهوريةاليمنيةمن عائدات النفط والغاز
Moreover, al-Qahoum added that the duplicity of standards of the US is once again "obvious" as he made reference to its demands of Russia to withdraw in Ukraine to "establish peace and negotiation as a basic principle." He compared the US stance in Ukraine to that in Yemen and argued that in "Yemen the American position differs by insisting and imposing the logic of criminal superiority and continuing aggressive behavior without lifting the blockade, addressing the effects of the aggression or withdrawing its occupation forces."
The Ansar Allah member also pointed out that "the situation in Yemen is different and goes beyond humanitarian issues." According to Al-Qahoum, the Yemeni cause is a just cause.
He explained that "the Yemeni people have a cause and defend it with all their might" in order to regain sovereignty and independence. The Yemeni people, he said, sought to solve their problems away from external tutelage.
Ansar Allah will not "abandon the unnegotiable national matters where there is no compromise and no concessions to be made," he said, referring to the conditions set for paying salaries and lifting restrictions on ports and airports.
Al-Qahoum blamed Washington and London for the situation in Yemen and for remaining in a state of procrastination, rejection and intransigence. He also stressed that both the US and the UK "must bear a cost they cannot afford in terms of security and stability" if they do not pursue the option of a just peace.
If US insists on aggression, Yemen will respond accordingly
Al-Qahoum told Al Mayadeen earlier this month, that "the US is playing a dangerous game as it conspires with British engineers and insists on pursuing a policy of aggression while impeding the national peace process."
According to the Yemeni official, "The presence of US troops in Bab Al-Mandeb and off the coast of Yemen poses a serious security threat to maritime navigation, and further proves the US' aggressive policy against the country."
The official further stated that "the aggression and siege that has been going on for the past 8 years are clearly led and fully coordinated by America," adding that "Saudi Arabia and the UAE are nothing but tools instrumented by the US to execute its policy of aggression with the blessing and participation of Israel, the UK and France."
Through Al Mayadeen, the Ansar Allah official sent a clear message to the Saudi coalition, saying, "Elusiveness, gaining time, changing tools, and all the aspects of aggression and conspiracies are unacceptable," noting that the Saudi-led coalition "is standing before clear options that cannot be circumvented."
Read more: Patience of Yemeni people has limits: Sanaa