Hezbollah says rockets fired an 'Israeli pretext to resume aggression'
The Islamic resistance movement Hezbollah has denied any involvement in the rockets launched toward the Palestinian north, affirming its commitment to the ceasefire.
-
Smoke rises between buildings hit in Israeli airstrikes near the Palestinian refugee camp of Rashidiyeh, as seen from Tyre city, south Lebanon, Tuesday, November 26, 2024. (AP)
A senior Hezbollah source announced on Friday that the Islamic Resistance in Lebanon is fully committed to the ceasefire agreement brokered and effectuated in November 2024.
According to the source, Hezbollah was not involved in the rockets launched toward northern occupied Palestine earlier this morning, affirming that such incidents reflect suspicious pretexts to justify the continuation of the Israeli aggression on Lebanon.
This comes after the spokesperson for the Israeli military announced two rocket launches toward the northern settlements, one of which was intercepted, while the other fell short in Lebanese lands.
Sirens had sounded in several settlements in the occupied north, particularly Kiryat Shmona, Margaliot, and Tel Hai. Israeli media also reported two explosions in Kiryat Shmona.
Amid the announcement, Al Mayadeen's correspondent reported a wave of Israeli airstrikes on South Lebanon.
The aggression targeted the area between Qaaqaiyat al-Jisr and Kfarsir, while artillery and phosphorus shelling targeted the eastern vicinity of al-Khiam. Kfarkila was also targeted, while an Israeli shell was launched toward al-Tibeh.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent also reported that Israeli aircraft dropped a sound bomb on a prefabricated house in Houla, Marjayoun, in southern Lebanon.
Israeli officials threaten Lebanon
Security Minister Israel Katz, commenting on the incident, said that Lebanon's capital, Beirut, was the equivalent of Kiryat Shmona, threatening action against the city. "If there is no calm in Kiryat Shmona and Galilee's settlements, then there will be no calm in Beirut," he claimed.
Katz also said the Lebanese government bears direct responsibility for every fire launched toward al-Jalil, saying, "We will not allow the return of the reality of October 7, we will guarantee the security of Galilee's residents, and we will work against every threat."
In turn, David Azulai, the mayor of Metulla, said this "is exactly what we fear. It has been the same as in the South for 23 years. We will not allow this, and will not agree to this. The Israeli government must announce the annulment of Resolution 1701 starting today."
Read more: Hezbollah not involved in fired rockets, committed to truce: Statement