Hezbollah SG condoles Ansar Allah over Yemeni PM, ministers' martyrdom
Hezbollah’s Sheikh Naim Qassem mourns the assassination of Yemeni Prime Minister Ahmed al-Rahawi. Iran’s Ghalibaf slams the Israeli strike, calling it a crime against humanity.
-
A man watches the news on TV, displaying footage of Ahmed al-Rahawi, the prime minister of the Sanaa government, who was killed, along with others, in Thursday's Israeli strikes on the capital, in Sanaa, Yemen, Saturday, August 30, 2025 (AP)
Hezbollah Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem sent a message of condolence to Sayyed Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, leader of the Ansar Allah movement, following the assassination of Yemeni Prime Minister Ahmad al-Rahawi and several ministers.
In his message, Sheikh Qassem expressed both condolences and congratulations, emphasizing the martyrdom of the Yemeni leaders as a testament to their dedication and sacrifice in the service of the Yemeni people.
Sheikh Qassem described the assassination as a joint "Israeli-American" act, targeting officials who were actively engaged in civil service and supporting the livelihood of Yemen’s people through their ongoing struggle in the field of governance. "This aggression demonstrates the bankruptcy of the criminal enemy and its pattern of brutality and the killing of human life without controls or rules," Sheikh Qassem said.
He added that the enemy's inability to face the armed forces and resistance leaders on the battlefield has pushed it toward attacking those serving in civilian areas, an act he labeled as "one of the most heinous crimes."
Yemen’s role in regional resistance reaffirmed
Highlighting the resilience of Yemen’s leadership and people, Sheikh Qassem affirmed that Yemen will continue to stand firm as a "shining, fluttering flag in the world's skies, a beacon of freedom, support for Palestine and Gaza, and resistance to occupiers and invaders."
He emphasized that this crime would only further strengthen Yemen’s resolve and increase its sacrifices in support of the resistance axis.
Sheikh Qassem concluded by asserting that the outcome of the path of resistance is clear: "The lesson is at the end of the road, where there is shame and a humiliating fall for the Zionist entity, God willing, and the abject failure of global arrogance and the complicit rulers of our region." He reaffirmed that ultimate victory lies with Palestine, al-Quds, and the resistance, led proudly by Yemen.
Rahawi assassination not to affect Yemen's resolve, Ghalibaf says
In a similar vein, Iran’s Parliament Speaker, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, strongly condemned the Israeli airstrike, describing it as a crime against humanity and a clear example of “the criminal and aggressive nature of the Israeli regime.”
Speaking at a public session of parliament on Sunday, Ghalibaf said the assassination was a cowardly act committed at the height of Yemen’s confrontation with the Israeli occupation.
“The killing of al-Rahawi and his colleagues is a cowardly move that reflects the desperation of the enemy in the face of the steadfast resistance of Yemeni fighters,” he declared.
He stressed that the attack constituted a crime not only against Yemen’s leadership but also against its people and political foundations, carried out because of Yemen’s firm support for Palestine and its liberation causes.
Ghalibaf further emphasized that “the blood of the martyrs will only strengthen the determination of revolutionary fighters on the path of truth and freedom,” affirming that the assassination “will not undermine Yemen’s resolve in defending the Palestinian people.”
Yemeni PM martyred in Israeli aggression on Sanaa
On Saturday, Yemen’s presidency in Sanaa announced that Yemeni Prime Minister Ahmad Ghaleb al-Rahawi had been martyred, along with several ministers, in the latest Israeli aggression on Sanaa.
In a statement, the Yemeni presidency revealed that, amid the ongoing and open battle against "Israel", Yemen lost a new cohort of great martyrs from its national leadership, which represents the entire spectrum of the Yemeni people, confirming the martyrdom of "freedom fighter Ahmad Ghaleb al-Raahwi, the prime minister of the Government of Change and Construction, along with a number of his fellow ministers."
"In vindication of the Palestinian people's plight, Yemen waged the battle of the promised conquest and the sacred jihad, earning immense honor and, in its cause, presented convoys of martyrs from the heroes of the armed forces and other sons of the great Yemeni people who carried the banner and pledged to God to remain steadfast in the truth, no matter the cost," the statement read.
The statement highlighted that the Yemeni officials were killed in an Israeli strike that targeted them during a routine session to discuss and assess the yearly performance of the Yemeni government. The strike wounded several of their colleagues, some of them critically, and they are now receiving medical care.
Additionally, the head of Yemen's Supreme Political Council, Mahdi al-Mashat, confirmed that the government of Change and Construction will continue its work in a caretaker capacity, stressing that the blood of al-Rahawi and his fellow ministers will serve as a catalyst for resilience, rebuilding, and continuing the path.
In a speech on Saturday evening, al-Mashat added that "our great martyrs bore their responsibility with full merit during the most difficult period in Yemen's history and fulfilled their pledges to support Gaza," noting that state institutions will continue to provide services to the Yemeni people.