Macron speaks of Iranian nuclear 'consequences' after Netanyahu talks
The French President claims Tehran continuing with the atomic project "would inevitably have consequences."
French President Emmanuel Macron denounced on Thursday what he called the "headlong rush" of Iran's nuclear program after talks with Israeli occupation Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who was in Paris to seek pressure and a stronger European stance against Tehran.
In a statement released after a dinner meeting in the Elysee Palace, Macron claimed that Tehran continuing with the atomic project "would inevitably have consequences."
On Tuesday, Netanyahu said during an interview for CNN that he was considering providing military assistance to Ukraine, which included supplying Kiev with the US-made Iron Dome technology.
He further validated statements that the US has transferred stockpiles of artillery stationed in "Israel" to Ukraine.
By "playing the Ukraine card," Netanyahu hopes to "consolidate an anti-Iranian front" with the West, said David Khalfa at the Fondation Jean Jaures, a Paris-based think tank.
The occupation PM hopes for "increased sanctions against Iran and the full addition" of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) to the list of sanctioned entities, Khalfa added; a step that Frane has so far resisted.
The Israeli occupation embassy in Paris said Netanyahu and Macron sought to discuss "the international effort to stop the Iranian nuclear program."
This comes as Mikhail Ulyanov, Russia's permanent representative to Vienna-based international organizations, slammed the West for using allegations of Iranian drone deliveries to Russia as a "clumsy excuse" to put the Vienna talks on reviving the 2015 Iran nuclear deal on hold, if not canceled entirely.
It is noteworthy that Netanyahu's visit came after an aggression that targeted a convoy of Iranian trucks loaded with humanitarian aid in Al-Bukamal, Syria, as well as a drone attack on an Iranian defense ministry facility in the city of Isfahan, which Tehran has blamed on the Israeli occupation.
The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed officials, have said the attack was carried out by "Israel's" Mossad.
Read more: JCPOA at dead end, US' delay and withdrawal to blame: Ulyanov