Top Israeli commander warns of ‘volatile’ situation at the beginning of Ramadan
The Israeli occupation forces are scared of an escalatory situation that could get out of control at any moment.
The Israeli occupation army warned that the situation in the occupied Palestinian territories, at the beginning of the upcoming month of Ramadan, will turn volatile and get out of hand.
This came in a document issued by the so-called commander of the Judea and Samaria Division (the biblical name for the West Bank) in the occupation army, Brigadier-General Avi Bluth, and published by the official Kaan channel on Tuesday.
Bluth said in the document, "The assassination of Palestinians, as what happened in Nablus last week, or the eruption of confrontations in Sheikh Jarrah Neighborhood, or the deaths of Palestinians in confrontations with Israeli forces, could lead to an escalatory situation in the West Bank."
The document added, "The flammable materials are already there, and all it needs is a few matches to ignite the whole area."
"The deadline (for the situation to flare up) will be the beginning of Ramadan. This is a goal for the Israeli forces who are supposed to be ready, as there is a relatively high possibility of a security deterioration during this period," the document said.
It added, "The days of Ramadan coincide with Israeli holidays, which has previously proven to provide quite a few matches of this kind, and we must be prepared for this day."
The occupied West Bank is witnessing increasing tension due to the arbitrary practices of the Israeli occupation forces and the settlers' attacks against Palestinian villages and Sheikh Jarrah Neighborhood in occupied Al-Quds.
This comes after the Israeli occupation forces killed a Palestinian teen in the occupied West Bank, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
The cold-blooded murder took place during confrontations between the Israeli occupation and Palestinians who were fending off the forces who had been trying to storm the village and detain several civilians while assaulting them.
Locals identified him as 19-year-old Nehad Bargouthi, making him the second teen to have his life stolen at the hands of the Israeli occupation forces within a few days.
Earlier, a Palestinian teen was killed and ten others were wounded by the Israeli occupation forces’ bullets as they stormed Silat Al-Harithiya town, west of Jenin, accompanied by dozens of military vehicles with the aim of demolishing houses. The Israeli forces opened fire on Palestinian citizens who gathered to confront them defending their town. The martyr was identified as Mohammad Akram Abu Salah, 17.
On February 8, the Israeli occupation forces assassinated three Palestinian civilians and arrested another, after opening fire at their vehicle in Nablus.
The IOF stormed Al-Makhfieh neighborhood in Nablus in a public vehicle holding a Palestinian registration plate.
They then opened fire at a vehicle with four Palestinian passengers, which led to the martyrdom of three of them and the arrest of the fourth whose identity has not yet been identified.
Since Sunday, Sheikh Jarrah Neighborhood in occupied Al-Quds has been witnessing confrontations between Palestinians on one side and the occupation forces and settlers on the other, after the extremist Israeli MP Itamar Ben-Gvir stormed the neighborhood and established a parliamentary office there with dozens of settlers.
Al Mayadeen correspondent reported that Itamar Ben-Gvir, a member of the Israeli Knesset, stormed the neighborhood, after transferring his office to the land of the Salem family, under the pretext of "protecting the settlers who live in the neighborhood."