Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Israeli media: One soldier killed, 11 wounded during the security incident in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood, and the fate of the 4 soldiers remains unknown
Israeli media: IOF withdraw from Al-Zaytoun neighborhood
Israeli media: Face-to-face clashes with machine guns between Hamas and Israeli forces in Al-Zaytoun neighborhood, southeast of Gaza City
Israeli media: Helicopters sent to evacuate troops from Al-Zaytoun are under heavy fire
Israeli media: A new security incident at an additional location in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood, southeast of Gaza City
Israeli media: Search for 4 missing soldiers in Al-Zaytoun neighborhood, southeast of Gaza City.
Israeli media platform: In the second incident, two injured people were transported from Gaza, and we are awaiting the authorities to notify the families to provide additional details shortly
Israeli media platform: 3 security incidents reported in Gaza
Israeli media platform: A serious incident in Gaza... A dead soldier was evacuated under fire... and an additional evacuation helicopter was dispatched
Israeli media outlet: Fierce battles ongoing between our forces and "militants" in the Gaza Strip

UNRWA rejects Trump's Gaza plan, surge in aid continues

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: News websites
  • 14 Feb 2025 10:40
  • 1 Shares
3 Min Read

Hamas previously postponed the release of three Israeli captives after 'Israel' obstructed much-needed humanitarian aid from entering, sparking fears of the ceasefire collapsing.

Listen
  • x
  • Truck drivers of humanitarian aid wait at a parking point in Cairo, Egypt, on their way to cross the Rafah border crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip, Sunday, Jan. 26, 2025 (AP)
    Truck drivers of humanitarian aid wait at a parking point in Cairo, Egypt, on their way to cross the Rafah border crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip, Sunday, January 26, 2025. (AP)

UNRWA rejected Trump's plan to take over Gaza and displace Palestinians, emphasizing that the United Nations rejects forced displacement, with the UNRWA Communications Director Juliet Touma saying, "The position of the United Nations is clear, and there is no possibility of accepting forced displacement" in an interview with Sputnik.

Touma highlighted the humanitarian crisis faced by the people of Gaza due to the war, emphasizing that "rebuilding efforts and plans to revive the economy and repair the destruction are possible," calling on the international community to help Palestinians in Gaza rebuild their neighborhoods. 

Humanitarian aid continues to enter Gaza following Hamas' announcement that it will follow through with the release of Israeli captives on February 15. This comes after a prior decision when they said they would postpone it after "Israel's" repeated violations of the ceasefire agreement.

800 trucks carrying life-saving aid went into Gaza, reaching over 1.5 million people, with more than 586,000 Palestinians crossing to the northern sector of Gaza following the Israeli withdrawal from the Netzarim corridor.

UNICEF Communications Manager Tess Ingam said, "A lot of aid has come in. We have scaled up as fast as we possibly could over the last three weeks of this ceasefire, but of course, we cannot undo 15 months of suffering in three weeks."

Related News

Fierce resistance ambushes target IOF in al-Zaytoun, Gaza City

Russia warns 'Israel' E1 plan threatens Palestinian statehood

Hamas postpones captive release

Hamas postponed the captive release set for February 15 indefinitely on February 10, after recording numerous Israeli violations of the ceasefire, including the prevention of aid trucks that were carrying hundreds of thousands of tents and other humanitarian aid.

Three Israeli soldiers and two mediators confirmed Hamas' claims as true.

Previously, a senior Palestinian official told Al Mayadeen that "Israel" was obstructing the ceasefire deal on purpose, adding that the statements by Israeli officials show the lack of commitment to a lasting ceasefire. 

Israeli media echoed this claim, with reports suggesting that the Israeli delegation to Qatar lacks any real authority, showing Netanyahu's intentions and his lack of commitment to a deal that would guarantee the release of more Palestinian detainees and a permanent ceasefire.

The reports added that Netanyahu wants to please far-right factions, more so than securing the release of the Israeli captives, with Haaretz sources saying that "Right-wing voters see on the ground that we have not defeated Hamas and its operatives continue to walk around with weapons."

Egyptian sources confirmed on Thursday that efforts to keep the ceasefire deal on track were successful, with negotiations moving towards resuming the exchanges, while Israeli i24NEWS outlet revealed that mediation efforts were successful, and several international organizations were approved to deliver aid to Gaza, including much-needed fuel and medical supplies.

  • Palestine
  • Humanitarian aid
  • Egypt
  • IOF
  • Israel
  • Hamas
  • Gaza

Most Read

Almost instantly after the Helsinki Accords were signed, organisations sprouted to document purported violations, whose findings were fed to overseas embassies for international amplification. (Al Mayadeen English; Illustrated by Zeinab el-Hajj)

How ‘Human Rights’ became a Western weapon

  • Opinion
  • 23 Aug 2025
Tom Barrack's imperial tantrum in Beirut: When entitlement speaks (Photo by Mahdi Rtail)

Tom Barrack's imperial tantrum in Beirut: When entitlement speaks

  • Politics
  • 26 Aug 2025
Although it does seem likely they will launch some kind of operation in northern Gaza, one which will accelerate its mass murder of civilians, but will fail to achieve its stated objectives. (Al Mayadeen English; Illustrated by Batoul Chamas)

Here is why the Israeli occupation of Gaza won’t work

  • Opinion
  • 26 Aug 2025
YAF spokesperson Brigadier General Yahya Saree announced a new operation targeting Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, August 27, 2025 (Yemeni Military Media)

Yemen attacks al-Lydd airport in Yafa using ballistic missile

  • Politics
  • 27 Aug 2025

Coverage

All
The Ummah's Martyrs

Read Next

All
Global Sumud flotilla sets sail to break blockade on Gaza
Palestine

Global Sumud flotilla, largest yet, to set sail bound for Gaza

A Palestinian flag flies next to a Slovenian, center, and a European Union flag, right, at the government building in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Thursday, May 30, 2024 (AP)
Politics

Slovenia mulls entry ban for Israeli PM Netanyahu

Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan speaks during a joint news conference following a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow, Russia, Tuesday, May 27, 2025 (AP)
Politics

Turkey severs 'Israel' trade ties, closes airspace to Israeli aircraft

Maduro vows Venezuela is 'impenetrable' as US warships mear Caribbean
Latin America

Maduro vows Venezuela is 'impenetrable' as US warships near Caribbean

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS