US aggression hits Yemen's Saada, Hodeidah; martyrs, injuries reported
This comes after the US forces launched an attack on Hodeidah earlier, targeting a water reservoir in the al-Mansuriyah district.
-
Smoke rises from a location reportedly struck by US airstrikes in Sanaa, Yemen, Sunday, March 30, 2025 (AP)
The US forces renewed their aggression on Yemeni territory on Wednesday, targeting eastern Saada in northern Yemen with a series of airstrikes, Al Mayadeen’s correspondent reported.
The US carried out 15 airstrikes on various areas southeast of Saada city, followed by two more airstrikes targeting the southeastern outskirts of the city.
Additionally, a US strike hit Ras Issa in al-Salif, northwest of Hodeidah province, our correspondent mentioned.
In detail, the spokesperson for the Yemeni Ministry of Health told Al Mayadeen that the US aggression on Ras Issa resulted in one martyr, two injured civilians, and one missing person.
In addition, a US airstrike targeted a civilian vehicle in the Qahaza area, located south of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, according to our correspondent.
Moreover, US airstrikes targeted the communication network in Mount Nama, located in the Jiblah district of Ibb governorate in central Yemen, Al Mayadeen's correspondent mentioned.
Earlier in the day, US forces launched another attack on Hodeidah, targeting a water reservoir in the al-Mansuriyah district, just hours after striking the local water authority building in the same area.
Local media reported that the attack targeted the water reservoir in the village of al-Sanif, which serves eight rural villages in the district. They highlighted that the strike, along with the earlier attack on the water project and the water authority building in al-Mansuriyah, disrupted water services for more than 50,000 residents.
On Tuesday night, a US airstrike hit a water project and the water authority building in al-Mansuriyah, killing four workers and injuring another.
That same night, US warplanes carried out a series of raids on multiple locations in Yemen, launching three airstrikes on Washha in Hajjah province, northwest of the country, and two consecutive strikes on Saada in northern Yemen.
At dawn on Tuesday, US airstrikes targeted the Jirban area in the Sanhan district, south of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, with five raids.
Since mid-March, US attacks have continued across various Yemeni provinces, resulting in 61 martyrs and 139 injuries, Yemeni Health Ministry spokesperson Anis al-Asbahi told Al Mayadeen.
Al-Asbahi further reported that 250 civilians have been killed and 714 wounded since the start of the US-British-Israeli military campaign against Yemen in response to Yemen’s support operations for Gaza.
Meanwhile, the British newspaper The Guardian, citing human rights organizations and humanitarian workers in Yemen, reported that the systematic and continuous US airstrikes have exacerbated the country’s already dire humanitarian crisis and severely hindered the operations of relief organizations.
Read more: Pentagon expands Middle East militarization with warplanes, carrier